Vintage Knitting and Knitwear from the 1930s

Dunnellen Update

I have been juggling quite a few projects lately and haven’t had much time to knit or blog.  However I did take some new pics of Dunnellen to share here.   I finished seaming the shoulders and sides and crocheted a line of trim for the plackets.  I am still learning crochet and found this yarn very tricky to use.  It is 100% bamboo as I wanted something cool and lightweight for summer.  However, since the bamboo isn’t spun tightly it tends to split.  This didn’t give me too much trouble while knitting, but the crocheting has been difficult.  I don’t think I will use bamboo for future vintage projects.  I ended up picking up and knitting the stitches for the plackets.  Now I’m cooking with gas.  I hope to have this one done very soon as other vintage projects are calling my name!

Plackets in Progress

 

Advertisements

2 responses

  1. You are doing great progress and I am looking forward to see Dunnellen finished! It will look great this Summer!

    May 12, 2011 at 12:31 am

  2. Thank you! So glad you stopped by! I think I chose one of the most time-consuming projects for my first vintage effort. The upside is that future projects will seem easy in comparison! I am looking forward to seeing more of your vintage projects as well. 🙂

    May 12, 2011 at 11:25 am

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s